It was recently brought to my attention that folks attempting to access Opus’ articles via the site’s newsfeeds were getting an “Invalid GET data” error instead after clicking on a newsfeed headline. This should be fixed now, but please contact me if you still experience it.
If you’re encountering the same issue with your site, here’s how I fixed it:
- Log into your FeedBurner account.
- Select the feed that you need to fix.
- Click on “Configure Stats” in the left column (under “Services”).
- Click on “Customize…” under “Track clicks as a traffic source in Google Analytics.”
- Remove any parentheses, colons, and other non-standard URL characters from the available fields (e.g., “Source,” “Medium,” “Campaign”).
- Click on the “Close” button.
- Click on the “Save” button.
Test the results by going to your site’s newsfeed and clicking on any of the newsfeed links. The fix should take place immediately, but your mileage may vary.