This holiday season, I’ll be a very easy boy to please. Come Christmas morning, all I really want to find under the Christmas tree is what you see above: the Five-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition of Blade Runner. I blogged about this over a year ago, and it’s finally arriving on December 18th.
You can find all of the details over on The Digital Bits (which is where I found the above image), but here’s a very brief rundown of what the set includes:
- An all new “final cut” version of the film that is remastered, restored, and contains added and extended scenes
- The 1982 theatrical version of the film
- The 1982 international version of the film
- The 1992 director’s cut version of the film
- A “workprint” version of the film
- A documentary about the making of Blade Runner
- A boatload of featurettes, galleries, trailers, and other special features
And as you can see, the whole thing comes in a silver briefcase that also contains a film clip from the original feature, an origami unicorn, a model of one of the film’s “spinner” cars, and a signed letter from Sir Ridley Scott.
All in all, a very fitting tribute to one of the greatest sci-fi films ever made… and a wonderful gift for the bestest husband ever (nudge, nudge…).
Read more about Blade Runner.
Want to ensure Opus’ continued existence and get some special perks? Become a supporter today. Contributions help offset the site’s hosting costs.
I've also written for Christ and Pop Culture, ScreenAnarchy, Filmwell, and Christian Research Journal. I pay the bills by creating beautiful user interfaces and websites for Firespring and Red Bicycle.