I just saw this over on the Arts & Faith forums. Woven Hand is playing a series of dates in the eastern half of the U.S. from late June through early July. The current tourdates are:
- 6/30 — Cornerstone Festival — Bushnell, IL
- 7/1 — Schuba’s — Chicago, IL
- 7/7 — The Iota — Arlington, VA
- 7/8 — The Iron Horse — Northampton, MA
- 7/9 — Lizard Lounge — Boston, MA
- 7/10 — The Call — Providence, RI
- 7/13 — Maxwell’s — Hoboken, NJ
- 7/14 — The Knitting Factory — New York, NY
- 7/15 — The Ethical Society — Philadelphia, PA
- 7/16 — Club Café — Pittsburgh, PA
- 7/17 — The Grog Shop — Cleveland, OH
Brother Danielson will be touring with the band from 7/7 to 7/15, and Cracklin Moth and Tom Brosseau will also be playing at the 7/1 show. Sadly, the official Woven Hand website is down right now due to technical issues, but any tour updates will be posted to the 16 Horsepower/Woven Hand/Lilium Yahoo! Group.
Those of you unfortunate enough to not be in any of the aforementioned towns on any of the aforementioned dates, go ahead and get a copy of Consider the Birds if you haven’t already. Heck, get a copy even if you are going to be in any of the aforementioned towns on any of the aforementioned dates. It’s a fantastic album.
As for me, I just hope David Eugene Edwards stops somewhere in the heartland (read: Lincoln, NE) when he makes his way back to Denver.
Welcome to Opus. My name’s Jason Morehead and I’ve been blogging for 20+ years. To date, I’ve posted 4,104 articles on numerous topics including music, movies, anime, pop culture, web development, technology, and religion.
If you enjoy reading Opus and want to ensure its continued existence, become a supporter today. Contributions help offset the costs of hosting and maintaining the site.